School Structure >> Key Stage 5
The Sixth Form students are expected to be role models
for all our younger students. All our younger students from Nursery to Year 11
will be looking up to the Sixth Formers and forming impressions about how to
behave, dress, conduct themselves and treat others. It is essential that they
show the maturity that comes with this role.
The Sixth Form at DES aims to:
- provide students with a broad and balanced
- prepare students for the adult world;
- give students the skills they need for lifelong
- make students more independent, self-disciplined and
- allow students to be critical thinkers and problem
- give students a sense of respect for others and for
- lay the foundations for success at university and
Students will normally be expected:
- to study FOUR subjects
to AS Level and THREE at A Level.
- to undertake a PSHE programme which will include
Careers Guidance and a range of topics designed to broaden their education to
increase your awareness and maturity.
- to attend 80 minutes of Physical Education a week.
Key Stage 5 Tutor Teams
Y12 Tutors (R Block)
Y13 Tutors (Q Block)
Mr. Stait Gardner - TTC
Mr. Gomersall - TTC