Curriculum >> Key Stage 5 >> PSHCE
Education is not only about the gaining of knowledge and essential skills, but about students’ personal development in its widest sense.
At DES our aim is for the personal development curriculum to develop students’ self-esteem and emotional wellbeing. It enables children to form and maintain worthwhile and satisfying relationships, based on respect for others.
The PSHCE programme is designed to enable students to:
· develop confidence, responsibility and to make the most of their abilities
· acquire principles for distinguishing between right and wrong and considering issues of justice and injustice
· become aware of healthy, safe lifestyle choices
· acquire an understanding of the environments in which they live
· make informed judgements, decisions and understand their rights and responsibilities
· encourage good relationships and respect for others
These themes will be covered through Enhancement days, Tutor time activities and Whole School and Year group assemblies.